Transforming Our Community
One Donation at a Time
We’re turning your donations of goods into community and educational investments. You can donate goods at our Carrboro Donation Center Thursday-Monday from 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM and on Sundays from 12:00pm-4:00 PM. (Please do not leave donations after hours.)
Items always in high demand include furniture, household items, electronics/computers, collectibles, books, clothing, shoes, jewelry and accessories.
For large items, you can schedule a free pickup online or call 919-417-0553 to arrange for your items to be picked up. If your call is not answered immediately, please leave a message, and we will return your call within 24 hours.
Our Donation Center is Currently Self-Serve
We appreciate your donation. Thank you for helping us keep our employees safe. When you come to our donation center, our staff will be there to guide you.
When You Arrive:
- Please park in a designated parking space.
- Please place your donations in the provided carts and bins. If an empty cart is not available, please wait.
- Please wear a mask and remain at least 6 feet away from employees and other donors.
- Request an Electronic Donation Receipt
- Square the view-finder on your smartphone’s camera with the QR code OR visit rebrand.ly/communityworx in your web browser.
Items that cannot be sold in the stores include:
- Broken, soiled or otherwise unsellable items
- Mattresses, including crib mattresses, sofa-beds and futons
- Food, cosmetics and toiletries (accepted by the Inter-Faith Council)
- Pesticides and other poisons or containers of any sort of chemical or liquid (dispose of first Saturday at landfill)
- Life jackets or other flotation devices, including air mattresses and inflatable boats
- Any item decorated with the brand name of an alcoholic beverage, tobacco product or promoting violence
- Weapons (real or toy), such as guns, bows and arrows or slingshots
- Obscene items, including items that contain sexual content or foul language
- Baby items that do not meet current safety codes
- Items recalled by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, including halogen lamps and some car seats
- Building materials donations (instead please donate to the Habitat Reuse Store)
Unfortunately, we no longer take toys.
In case of inclement weather, our Donation Center may not be accepting donations at the rear of the store. Check our social media channels for updates about the impact that any inclement weather might have on our Donation Center hours.
As a nonprofit, 501(c)3 organization, we are happy to provide you with a receipt for your donation. Please be aware that we cannot give duplicates in the event your original receipt has been misplaced.
We are mindful of the environmental impact a resell organization such as ours has, and we do everything we can to dispose of unsellable items in a responsible way.
Our Carrboro and Online Thrift Shops are filled with clothes, household goods, and unique items for sale. Your purchase helps to support our mission of funding educational and community investments.
“Buying locally sustains the unique character and quality of life of your community. Beyond the economic impact of your spending, buying locally supports the businesses that reinvest in your community’s social and environmental well-being. Orange County businesses give generously to area churches and nonprofits and enhance the social welfare of friends and neighbors.”
“Dollars spent at a local business are reinvested in your community’s employees through wages and reinvested in other organizations through the purchase of legal, accounting and other business services. And by purchasing from local businesses, you (and the goods you purchase) travel fewer miles, saving you time, gas money, and carbon emissions.”
CARRBORO THRIFT SHOP
125 West Main St.
Carrboro, NC 27510
Monday 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Tuesday 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Thursday 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Friday 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Saturday 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Sunday 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
If you’re looking to change the world, we’re looking for employees with big ideas, bright minds and an eagerness to grow professionally and personally.